Eligibility & Selection Criteria
Students applying to UWC from Libya must:
- be 16 or 17 years old by Sept 1st of the first year of entry to a UWC college
- be a Libyan national schooled in Libya for the 3 previous years OR be a foreign national schooled in Libya for the 5 previous years
- achieve above average academic grades
- be ready to live abroad and represent Libya in a college with students from over 90 countries
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation
- A student applying to a UWC college should have a genuine desire to learn about the world and the capacity to grasp a range of issues, from global problems to local concerns, and the ability to analyse topics thoroughly.
- Active commitment
- Applicants should be able to develop, question and confront their own values, measure their behaviour within family and community against these values, and act accordingly and responsibly.
- Social competence
- Applicants should have the ability and readiness to make contact with other people, interact respectfully with them, work in a team and achieve solutions. they should be able to express themselves appropriately in different situations and to different people.
- Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity
- The student must be ready to look after themselves physically and emotionally during the challenging and transforming experience that UWC offers. they must have the personal motivation to adhere to UWC’s common moral and ethical principles, a sense of humility and an ability to listen and value the opinion and experience of others.
- Motivation for UWC
- The student must be committed to actively represent Libya and promote UWC values.